Monday, August 21, 2006

They ARE meeting, I was wrong!

In my impatience over the lack of Belmont University vs Tennessee Baptist Convention news, I speculated that no negotiations have taken place since the May scourging of Belmont's Board at the Two Rivers house of failed SBC presidential politics. As it turns out, good sources from within the TBC told me that the committee of 14 has met more than twice...(that count may have been an actual meeting followed by substantive discussion in the parking lot...it's the Baptist way). Although I was not able to get a positive confirmation that the committee had actually included Belmont representatives in the negotiation discussion, the committee has at least been meeting and talking. I was wrong in my earlier speculation. I apologize.

I'd recommend fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pink congealed salad, and sweet tea for the committee's next covert meal...that way they would know for sure that everyone in attendance was Baptist, and would be forced to talk about something besides the food! Can I get an A-men?

No comments: