Monday, September 10, 2007

Belmont and Tennessee Baptist Convention News

Well, it appears that those members of the Tennessee Baptist Convention who wanted their day in court to get money back from Belmont University will get their day. I must bug my Belmont friends for not keeping me up-to-date. Someone must have skipped the convocation where Dr. Fisher read a carefully prepared statement announcing: Tennessee Baptist Convention/Belmont Lawsuit Headed for Court. The announced court date is May 19, 2008.

I hope that I am wrong about this, but shouldn't news like this come from Tennessee's own state newspaper? Did I miss the B&R article? Perhaps the possibility of the TBC receiving 58 million dollars isn't newsworthy.

I can now look forward to November's TBC meeting...'still wondering if we'll ever get an honest accounting of where $750,000 worth of state mission offering dollars went in regard to the "Belmont Situation". That raises another question: Since there is no longer a line item in the TBC budget allocating funds to Belmont, where will additional mission funds be pulled to pursue the court case?

I am ready for this to be over with. Maybe Jerry Sutton will invite us all back over to Two Rivers to a reception following the court date. I could sure use some more fried chicken.

No comments: