Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bob Fisher, Dolly Parton, & Something New for Songwriters

I was doing a little internet browsing among the blogs and scrolled past a picture or two on Belmont's news site on the way to this article. I did a double-take of sorts with my scroll bar and returned to this picture of Dr. Fisher and Dolly Parton on the Songwriters Hall of Fame story. The two make an interesting couple...and I reluctantly refrain from making jokes about the pair, Dolly makes her own best jokes.

I have been to that old quonset hut before, many years ago and had wondered what would become of it. Housing the songwriter's hall of fame sounds like a perfect match for all involved. Now, someone just needs to write a commemorative song about this historic event...I can't imagine that this picture wouldn't inspire someone!

Others noticed the announcement as well. You can read some of those here, here, here, and here. Congratulations Belmont University!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back after your summer hiatus.

I think Dolly Parton is marvelous!

Will said...

anon.,
Thank you. It was a tough summer and I didn't feel much like writing. I am better now and ready to have some fun.

I think you are right. Dolly Parton is an amazing human being.