Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I Want to Hear Ron Paul

I received the following hand-written note yesterday from an old friend in Bowling Green, Kentucky. With his permission, I post his thoughts (expletives deleted) here:

Ron Paul is coming to Nashville: 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at the War Memorial Auditorium. Pass the word. I believe this man has a message that needs to be heard, particularly for Democratic Party and Republican Party refugees. I have long believed that we elect people to represent us...it seems that our system of governance has turned that against us and we now elect political 'parties' to represent us. From my seat, I see two parties that are neither willing or able to work together to govern or represent their respective constituencies. I also see elected leaders who spend more time working to insure their re-election that working to represent...that is simply wrong.

If it means that I have to revolt against a two-party system, I am ready. Neither party offers me a presidential choice that I can support in good conscience. I have considered the thought that voting for an independent candidate is a wasted vote and that it might help elect someone that I do not want in office. I have voted for party candidates my entire life and feel now that I have wasted my vote by allowing a failing 'party' system to continue the demise of a representative government. If I am to 'waste' my vote, I intend to do so with a clear conscience.


Don Gray
(Edited and Posted by Will)

No comments: