Thursday, November 15, 2007

Note from Guatemala

This morning is the first real opportunity that I've had to sit long enough where there is internet access so that I can send an update. My connection is pretty slow so this will have to be short. All is going well here. Jorge, his family, and a number of sweet people from his church are attending to his needs at the hospital. "Hospital" is a little different here and families are much more involved in day-to-day patient care...it isn't bad, it is considerably different from what one would find in the states (more on that later). Jorge will have surgery tomorrow. I have a picture of his x-ray showing where the bullet is lodged near his spine, but no good way to upload that picture from here. The surgery if far from routine but may not be as difficult or critical as the earlier diagnosis suggested. I'll keep you updated as best I can.

I did a quick scan of the TBC news. I'll have to do some reading when I return in order to see how people feel about the events of the day. At least the Belmont mess is over...that sounds like news worthy of a great season of thanksgiving.

Ya'll talk amongst yourselves,
Will - from Guatemala City

No comments: