Sunday, November 18, 2007

On my way back to Nashville

My flight leaves a little later this morning, but I am at the Guatemala City airport already. All went well with Jorge's surgery. Miraculously the bullet that ended up in Jorge's neck did little permanent nerve damage and had dislodged itself from its original position close to the spine before surgery began. Jorge, in jest, suggested that surgery be delayed another day, so that his family could finish 'praying the bullet out completely'. There is a sermon in that kind of faith that needs to be preached.

I have much to reflect upon from this trip, much to be thankful for. For those of you who lifted Jorge up in prayer over the last several days, I am immensely grateful. For things to have gone as smoothly as they did in circumstances that would make most health workers squeamish, God had to be in this.

I'll be printing out news stories to read on the plane until I run out of quetzals to pay for them. I've some catching up to do. TBCelder did a respectable job of posting in my absence, I had no idea that he could be so restrained in his comments...dinner tonight over Chick-fil-a will be his chance to blow off some steam, I am sure. Thanks, SGM Gary...as you were.

Will

No comments: