Sunday, November 11, 2007

Refugee Baptist Veteran

He isn't the kind of man who will not say much about himself. He is much more focused on what is in front of him than what is behind him. TBC Elder, an infrequent contributor to the Refugee Baptist blog, is a Viet Nam vet. People like him went to war in my place. From our conversations over time, I know that many of his experiences involved things that no one should have to witness or endure...but he did. I want to say thank you to him and the thousands like him who stepped up to serve in the armed forces on this Veteran's Day.

As for my crusty old friend...there is nothing purple about your heart. God has blessed you with a new heart that is white as snow. I love you, man!

P.S. You still owe me dinner over our Belmont-Cincinnati wager.

1 comment:

TBC Elder said...

Thanks, Will.

I guess I'll be eating 'crow', 'how about something (else) from the grill over here by the lake when you get back in town?