Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tennessee Baptist Convention - Pre-Annual Meeting 2007 Blogging

The Tennessean outlined the basics of this year's agenda for the TBC's annual meeting in Kingsport in an article last Friday. No one should be surprised by the hospital business, the elections, the Belmont report, or events surrounding the sale of the TBC headquarters building in Brentwood.

Jeff Wright is on the scene, blogging. He reports on some of the pre-convention activity and is doing his usual-great-job of reporting the events of the day. Will was a little concerned over the mention of Little Caesar's pizza as the meal at the CTB dinner. I suspect that Will may take issue with the pizza meal as giving a little too much unto Caesar (those are Will's words), but I'll leave the Baptist meal jokes and lecturing to him.

If you are interested in the schedule and agenda for this year's Tennessee Baptist Convention annual meeting in Kingsport, you can access the schedule from the TBC web site.

One bit of news. Will is leaving earlier than planned to go to Guatemala. Jorge's condition has worsened. The infection and swelling in his neck is causing breathing problems. I am praying for Jorge, the doctors, and Jorge's family. Will is pretty upset over this and I am concerned for him as well. He probably shouldn't be traveling at all, but feels deeply that this is a divine appointment.

Peace,
TBC Elder

2 comments:

Jeff Wright said...

I'm afraid I've been unclear. The meal at the CTB dinner was a citrus ham with potato salad, green beans, and bean salad.

I didn't find that meal pleasing to my liking so I purchased a Little Ceaser's dinner afterward.

Sorry for the bad articulation.

TBC Elder said...

Jeff,
LOL!
I will pass along the clarification to Will...he really couldn't believe that pizza had somehow replaced chicken or ham as a staple for a Baptist fellowship.

Thanks for the update and thanks for the great job of providing updates from the TBC meeting.

TBC Elder