Wednesday, November 22, 2006

She is my hero, Too

This is a commercial. You need to buy this as a stocking stuffer, Christmas gift. I ordered mine yesterday. If I had copies, I would sell them myself right here. Bring Us Peace is the latest recording project of Ginny Owens... soon to be recipient of the 2006 Artist Award for the Mayor’s Council on Disabilities here in Nashville. Proceeds from the project will be used to support the Fingerprint Initiative, an extension of Ginny's ministry to “bring hope to the world, one touch at a time.” Ginny writes on the Fingerprint Initiative web site,
"I love the thought of God leaving His fingerprints of beauty and creativity not only on His world but also on His children. How wonderful would it be if we were so excited by this truth that we would choose to spend each day of our lives as His living fingerprints; bringing His touches of love, grace, and healing to those in our cities and throughout our universe."
And, by the way, Ginny is a Belmont University graduate, blind since the age of 2...and another reason that I feel good about the cooperative funds that I contributed to Belmont University via the Tennessee Baptist Convention. She is a jewel, an inspiration, and my hero.

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

Cool news. I enjoy Ginny's music and will pick up the CD for myself ASAP.

Will said...

Mike,
You suppose Ginny could do justice to "Rocky Top"? *smile*