Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tennessee Baptist Convention Annual Meeting Summary

You might get a strong cup of coffee before reading this. There isn't anything particularly earth-shattering to report from the Tennessee Baptist Convention meeting that wrapped up yesterday evening after being evicted from the main sanctuary at Bellevue Baptist Church and relegated to the smaller (yet spacious) chapel.
I was encouraged to see individuals blogging convention events. This should be viewed as an encouraging turn in communications. I commend those who blogged, for their clarity and integrity in expressing themselves even when we did not agree on issues (maybe some of that will rub off on me...I'm trying hard to be less snarky)

Note: the Boldly Credaling logo (above) was provided by others... it does seem to reflect what some thought about the 2000BFM motions.

I guess that is all for now...I guess we'll have to wait a week for Lonnie and friends at the Baptist and Reflector to put their spin on things...maybe they will give better coverage of meals than I could provide (perhaps they need a blog?).

No comments: