Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Union University President Affirms He is Baptist

Not that there has ever been any doubt about Union University's president, Dr. David Dockery... it is just that this report confirms his status:
About 300 friends and supporters of Union University attended the university’s dessert fellowship (my emphasis) Nov. 14 at Bellevue Baptist Church as part of the Tennessee Baptist Convention’s annual meeting.
I would like to have heard more about the dessert...I understand that the kitchen crew at Bellevue is awesome!

As an aside, I agree that Union and Carson-Newman should not get the short end of the budget stick just because the Belmont Study Committee failed to resolve issues in a timely manner. I tried to warn Union and Carson-Newman back in September. In terms of need, I really believe that Carson-Newman could use all the help we can send their way.

No comments: